Hiccups

Two things I had forgotten, and two things I did not know.

The forgotten:
1. Because I booked the flight through Alaska but was flying JAL, the Alaska app hadn't provided a boarding pass.

2. The time of the flight is when they take off, not when you need to be there.

The unknown:
1. In SFO, the D gates (where I landed) and the A gates where I was leaving from) are fucking far apart...

2. ...and require you to leave and re-enter security. For which I would definitely need a boarding pass meaning I couldn't just get one at the gate.

I realized this at approximately 11:48 am. My flight left at 12:20. The panic set in as I waited for the train, and was full-blown as I desperately looked for the JAL counter. Tearfully I explained I was on the flight that was currently boarding.

The lady was wonderful. She quickly radioed the plane, and assured me they wouldn't leave without me. She printed the boarding pass and walked me right to the front of the security line. I cut in front of the X Ray line (with permission from the people there), ran through Terminal A, and made it to the gate before they had even finished boarding. Whereupon I had a mild relief breakdown in front of the very sweet flight attendants.

But here I am, in what is easily the most ridiculously comfortable airplane experience in my entire life, about to take off across the Pacific. 

Seriously. Look at this thing. It's like a hotel room.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The beginning

In San Francisco