End of a long day

It's 8:30 pm in Kyoto, which is 4:30 am back home. I'm resting in my capsule hotel room, the final stop for the night. 


I booked this place for tonight only, for two reasons...one, because I wanted the experience of a capsule hotel, and two, because I didn't know when I would get here and many hotels in Japan don't appreciate late check ins with no arrival time arranged.

The hotel is honestly trying a little too hard to be hip...they are really leaning into the brutalist/modern aesthetic, to the point that when I first got there I thought I had accidentally gone in the back entrance.

(The lobby)

I go to a real hotel tomorrow and I am not sad about that. First, although the name of this place is "Hotel Millennials" I am pretty sure Millennials are actually above the target demographic. My GenX ass is way too old for this. Also, though the bed seems comfortable enough the room is pretty stuffy, even with the "fan" on (it makes a noise, but I don't know that it's doing much else. Finally, although this hallway has a lock, my actual room does not. I'm not really worried about crime, but as I accidentally almost opened someone else's room I am not secure that mine will be fully undisturbed.

Still, right now I don't need much. All the young travelers at this hotel are out on the town...but all I want is food and sleep. I am going to eat my onigiri, drink some water, and crash. Tomorrow is Japan!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The beginning

In San Francisco

Hiccups